Get high-quality personal care for the elderly by using Robin Home Care Agency Ealing.
Personal Care for the Elderly
Sensitive and compassionate
personal care for the elderly
At Robin Home Care we understand that the provision of personal care for the elderly must be handled in a sensitive and compassionate way as some people may feel embarrassed in certain situations and need to be comfortable before allowing someone to assist them. Your care team will be introduced to you before any service starts and will be fully aware of your particular needs and preferences. Our carers are fully trained in all aspects of personal care and will be supervised to ensure that your care is delivered in the way that you want it. You can be sure that everyone from Robin Home Care will always treat you with the utmost dignity and respect when they visit you at home.
You are in control of your care
All your personal care needs will be documented in your tailored care and support plan before you start the service and this plan can be adjusted by you as and when you require. So, you are always in control because all personal care and personal hygiene tasks will be carried out in the way you want, following the daily routines you are comfortable with. We feel this is particularly important for any elderly person who is looking for care at home or live-in care. Furthermore, for any older people requiring some level of dementia care, we will make sure that your care plan details how we will provide personal care services according to your specific requirements.
Exceed expectations, with transparency, teamwork
Speak to us
For all your home care needs, contact us to see how we can help.
Areas in which we can help to deliver personal care support include:
- Getting in and out of bed. Our trained carers safely assist our clients when moving into and out of bed whilst maintaining their modesty appropriately
- Bed Care The use of hoists and equipment to transfer in and out of bed, skin integrity, prevention of bedsores, personal hygiene for bed-ridden clients
- Dressing and undressing We give you absolute control and independence over the important issue of what clothes you choose to wear and will assist you in whichever way you choose
- Bathing and personal hygiene. Care is taken to ensure you are safe at all times especially when it comes to the water temperature of any bath or shower.
- Going to the toilet. We can assist you to go to the toilet and this can include, if necessary, using a commode or bedpan.
- Discreet and sensitive management of the use of incontinence pads. We know that the use of incontinence pads can be embarrassing but our carers have the experience and training to make this process as comfortable and non-intrusive as is possible.
- Oral hygiene
- Make-up and personal grooming. Haircare, nail care, skincare and shaving with an electric razor can all be undertaken by your carers
- Medication support Your carer will use an electronic system to record the correct dosages and timings of your medication and we can liaise with local pharmacies to get your medication delivered on time. In addition, we can accompany you to GP and hospital appointments.
- Support with the application of ointments and creams
- Convalescence support. After an operation or a hospital visit, we can provide appropriate care and support to get you back on your feet and comfortable in your own home
- Stoma care and management
- Catheter care and management
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) feeding
- Tracheostomy care
Your care, your choice, your way.
The different options available can seem overwhelming at first but at Robin Home Care, we take things at your pace and begin with an assessment of your needs which is actually a chat about your daily routine, your likes, dislikes and what you want to achieve. From this discussion with you, we will devise a tailored Care and Support Plan and match a trained carer with the appropriate personality and character for you. We believe that listening carefully to your needs and not missing the small details actually makes a huge difference to the way you will feel about the care you receive. Our aim is to help you to feel fulfilled and happy.
Once our service starts, you continue to be in control and we will adjust your Care and Support Plan to suit any changing circumstances or a change in the way you want the care delivered.
Electronic monitoring of our carers and the care delivered to you
As part of our service, we use a computerised monitoring system using mobile phones to monitor that our carers arrive on time, carry out all the tasks that you have specified and write notes on how the visit went. If you so wish, access to these notes can be given to family members to ensure that everyone who needs to be informed of how the care is delivered gets access to the information required.
Peace of mind, accountability and transparency are at the core of our systems and processes.
With the App you can:
VIEW CARE NOTES FOR COMPLETED CARE VISITS
COMMUNICATE WITH THE CARE PROVIDER
VIEW THE VISITS, OUTCOMES AND TASKS
SEE THE SCHEDULE OF CARE VISITS
You can rely on an Outstanding company
The delivery of personal care in England is closely regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we are proud to say that Robin Home Care was awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating by CQC after the latest inspection of our home care service operations. Our existing clients have been very complimentary about the high-quality personal care they receive from us with numerous reviews and comments to the CQC praising the care and support we provide.